Stage – 2 Business Plan, Presentation and Technical Information
Announcement: 1st week of September, Online Submission Deadline: 5th September, 11:59 pm, Pacific Daylight Time.
- Shortlisted teams from Stage-1 to submit a business plan, presentation and technical information online in prescribed formats (Annexure V) at www.usistef.org.
- A PowerPoint presentation must be uploaded on the program website. The presentation should be geared for 20 minutes or less.
- The proposed business plan should be achievable and demonstrate strong commercial potential.
- The proposed business plan should specify the role of Indian and U.S. partners and should enhance the bilateral interests of India and the United States.
- The proposed business plan should generate positive return on investments within a reasonable timeframe.
- The proposed business plan should detail the terms pertaining to all of Intellectual Property developed or utilized in the project.
- The proposed business plan should demonstrate a commitment to responsible and ethical business practices.
Evaluation of Business Plans
The shortlisted teams will be called for presentations by 3rd week of October before Joint Expert Panels. The Expert Panels will include subject experts, business professionals, entrepreneurs and Board members from India and the United States. Each applicant will be given 20 minutes to present the business plan followed by question and answer session. The Joint expert panels will select finalists.
Evaluation Criteria for Business Plan and Presentation
- Problem being addressed
- Market size and target customer
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness of product and technology
- Ownership of intellectual property rights
- Team's strength
- Nature and need of collaboration
- Commercialization strategy and timeline
- Financial projections
- Risks and challenges for deployment and scaling-up